SUBJECT: Wellington Main Streets Program presentation to the Town Trustees and Mayor from Wellington Main Streets Program Executive Director Annie Lindgren
The Wellington Main Streets Program provides monthly updates to the Town Trustees regarding on-going projects, organizational updates, events, and future plans.
Item 1: Consultation Services provided through DOLA
- Market Leakage Analysis and Opportunity Assessment is a service to help with strategies to enhance downtown business performance. This study will help with merchandising, retaining, expanding and attracting new businesses. Surveys went out to business owners within the Main Streets Program’s district at the end of August, inquiring information on their business and on their experience as business owners in downtown Wellington.
Item 2: Current projects
- Murals for downtown Wellington: Mural #1 for Townhall building is complete and will be installed on the front of the building in August (due to delays in top coat paint). We will schedule a ribbon cutting, will have a plaque made, and will promote the event through various media sources. Mural #2 was completed early August, on the side of the Sol De Jalisco building. The ribbon cutting was held August 15th, and was well attended.
- Design Guidelines for Downtown Wellington: WCMSP is working with the Town Planner, business owners, and other invested groups, to create design guidelines for downtown Wellington. Next step is to review the results of the historic survey.
- Promotional Video for Downtown Wellington project: WCMSP is working with the Wellington Chamber of Commerce, and the Town of Wellington on a project to make a promotional video for Wellington, showcasing the community highlights, businesses, housing options, and community activities. The videos will be available to share on various town organizations’ websites.
- Banner Program: We are working on coming up with a new image for the Banner Program, that we will be expanding and renewing in late 2018.
Item 3: Other items
- The mobile Downtown Development Authority (DDA) tour put on by Downtown Colorado Inc on August 16th was well attended and informational. WCMSP is working with the town administrator on next steps regarding bringing a DDA to downtown Wellington.
- Items WCMSP is advocating for regarding infrastructure needs in downtown Wellington:
- Solar powered push button crosswalk lights for safer pedestrian crossing at the intersections of 3rd and 4th or 5th (crossing Cleveland Ave.).
- ADA compliant sidewalks and crosswalks in downtown Wellington.
- Address drainage issues that cause flooding of downtown Wellington businesses.
- Wellington Summer Concert series 2018 was a success. We will provide more detail on that in September’s update, once we have the final numbers.