The Wellington Main Streets Program provides monthly updates to the Town Trustees regarding on-going projects, organizational updates, events, and future plans.
Item 1: Consultation Services provided through DOLA
- Market Leakage Analysis and Opportunity Assessment should be finished by the end of this month. We had good participation with the surveys, and collected helpful information on how to better support the downtown businesses.
- Consultation service to help with the DDA process. There are consultation services available through DOLA that can help us navigate the DDA process start to finish, free of charge due to our status as a Main Street Program. This will start in January.
Item 2: Current projects
- Promotional Video for Downtown Wellington project: WCMSP is working with the Wellington Chamber of Commerce, and the Town of Wellington on a project to make a promotional video for Wellington, showcasing the community highlights, businesses, housing options, and community activities. The videos will be available to share on various town organizations’ websites. This project should wrap up by the end of the year.
- Banner Program: We are working on a new image for the Banner Program, that we will be expanding and renewing in late 2018. We are doing a 1 year sponsorship, and banner design that will be out for the whole year. We are using a design that stems from the fine art piece on the Town Hall building. We have all the sponsorships filled, and hope to have the banners installed in early December.
- Christmas Decorations for 2018: WCMSP is working with the Kiwanis and the Town of Wellington to do more upgrades on Christmas Decorations for 2018. We got decorations for the entryway signs, the flower planters, and for the skate park fence. Decorations were installed the week of the 19th.
- Website: We have a new website. www.wellingtonmainstreet.org. New features to our website include a blog and storage for trustee reports and MS meeting minutes. You can also apply for membership on line and pay for membership online. The historical survey documents are on there, as well as other resources and press releases.
- Brochure: We have a new brochure, that is based on our new website, and contains updated marketing messages.
- Logo update: Added Green to the logo to bring in a 4th color for marketing purposes. Each color coordinates with a pillar of the 4 point approach.
- Flower Planters: We are doing seasonal décor with the flower planters, and they are now decorated for Winter.
- Shop Small Wellington: WCMSP is teaming up with the Wellington Chamber of Commerce, Amp, and downtown business owners for Shop Small Wellington event on November 24th. It starts at 10:00am.
- Business Lighting contest: Done in conjunction with the Wellington Area Chamber of Commerce. Encouraging downtown businesses to decorate for the holiday. Entry forms are due on Dec. 3rd. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- New membership program: We rolled out a new membership program this month. Instead of 4 levels, we now have 2 levels. A $35 Individual level membership and a $150 Business level membership. Membership shows support for our program, makes you eligible to hear first about sponsorship opportunities, includes a membership sticker, and being listed on our website. Business level members can also be eligible to serve on our board of directors, and exclusive promotion on social media.
Item 3: Other:
- Board and officer changes: We have some openings on our board, and within our officers, and will be voting in new members and new officers at our December meeting.
- Main Streets office will be closed November 21st-November 30th. The Director will not be at the November 27th Trustee meeting.
- CDOT meeting on November 15th: Was attended by the Executive Director, and 5 of the WCMSP board members.