SUBJECT: Wellington Main Streets Program presentation to the Town Trustees and Mayor from Wellington Main Streets Program Executive Director Annie Lindgren
The Wellington Main Streets Program provides monthly updates to the Town Trustees regarding on-going projects, organizational updates, events, and future plans.
Item 1: Consultation Services provided through DOLA
- Market Leakage Analysis and Opportunity Assessment is complete, and a meeting will be scheduled to present the results will be March 13th, 2019 from 5:00p-6:00p at the Leeper Center. The final document will be forwarded on to the trustees, town administration, and will be available on the Main Streets Website after this meeting.
Item 2: Current projects
- Promotional Video for Downtown Wellington project: WCMSP is working with the Wellington Chamber of Commerce, and the Town of Wellington on a project to make a promotional video for Wellington, showcasing the community highlights, businesses, housing options, and community activities. The videos will be available to share on various town organizations’ websites. This project is still in progress, and was delayed due to discussion regarding the script.
- Partnership with North Forty News to get the word out about downtown Wellington: We have a monthly page in the North Forty News for an article from the Main Streets Program. Check out this month’s article on the history of Downtown Wellington, the first decade. Next month’s article will be about summer events.
- New membership program: It is membership renewal time, and information regarding the new membership program were mailed and emailed out to current and previous supporters of the Main Streets Program. We have a goal to increase membership in 2019, and the ability for members to enroll through our new website has made it easier than ever to join.
- Mural projects:
- Historic Train Depot Mural on the old Lumberyard building: We determined we cannot ethically as a program paint on historic brick, so instead the train depot mural will be on the west side of the building complex, on the wood siding. We have a mural artist and are working collaboratively with the building owner.
- We recently found a good image of the ghost sign/Pepsi Cola sign that is on the east facing wall of Papa’s Table. We are working with Dynamic Image on bringing that ghost sign back to life.
- Downtown Flower Planters: We are looking in to options to expand the flower planter program to include parts of 6th street and to extend eastward along Cleveland Ave. This will require addressing the watering needs, as there is not infrastructure to support automatic watering. We are looking in to solutions, including self-watering pots and collaboration with the town Public Works Department to see if they can help with watering the flowers. We would use sponsorship and grant funding to pay for the planters, flowers, and watering.
Item 4: Events
- .5k Fun Run put on by Old Colorado Brewing Company and Fitness1 scheduled for April 6th from 11:00am-2:00p. This event will start and finish at OCBC, and will include a walk/stroll/run around the 3 blocks east and south of OCBC. Proceeds will go to benefit the Wellington Main Streets Program downtown beautification efforts.
- 2019 Wellington Brewfest: Put on by Old Colorado Brewing Company, Soul Squared, MRockCreative, and Cantina Liquor, as a benefit for the Wellington Co Main Streets Program. The event will take place in Centennial Park on June 1st, from 12:00p-6:00pm. We would like to expand the boundaries for the event this year, to allow for more breweries (16 total) and attendees (up to 500). There will be food trucks and live music. More details to come. Proceeds go to support downtown beautification efforts and promotion of downtown Wellington.
- Well-O-Rama: August 17th from 10:00am-6:00pm in Centennial Park. This is a new event based on an old event that started in the 60’s with the paving of Cleveland Ave, and it will take place of the Summer Concert Series. It will be an all-day music event (bluegrass/country/folk) with fun family friendly activities and other activities with an emphasis on supporting local businesses.
- Market Leakage Analysis Presentation: March 13th, 2019 from 5:00pm-6:00pm at the Leeper Center.
Item 3: Other:
- 2019 Work Plan: This document (see attached) was adopted by the Main Streets Board and submitted to DOLA, and is our workplan for 2019.