Main Street Open for Business Grant progress update
The Town of Wellington, in partnership with the Wellington Main Streets Program, received $569,626.98 through the Main Street Open for Business grant through the Department of Local Affairs. This grant supports façade improvements and energy efficiency projects for businesses in the state’s traditional downtowns. As a recipient community of this grant, we are starting to see some exciting projects take shape in Wellington’s downtown area.
- Avuncular Bob’s Tbar Inn: Beginning work soon.
- Knaack of It Automotive: Fence completed and working on painting the exterior of the building.
- Leave It To Cleaver: Working on the interior of the building, will add rollup garage doors, and paint the exterior of the building.
- Papa’s Table: Adding HVAC and will paint exterior trim.
- Polished Spa LLC: Will add a new sign and awning.
- Soul Squared Brewing Company: Will add solar panels, a new roof, and paint.
- The Cakery: New front windows, door, and painting.
- Thistle: Repairing brickwork, adding solar, store windows, painting trim.
- Wellington Auction: New roof and HVAC completed! Waiting on good weather to paint.
- Wellington Grill: Added new roof and will paint exterior. And adding new windows.