Board of Directors Meeting: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 CANCELLED
This month’s board meeting was cancelled due to the Regional Chamber meeting at CSU occurring on the same night. Many board members are also chamber members, who attend the regional meeting.
- Minutes from last meeting (July 11, 2018) (attached)
- Financial Report – July (attached)
- Committee Reports
- Town Hall Mural: Has the antigraffiti top coat, and is curing. It will be ready for installation at the end of this week (8/10), and looking at scheduling a ribbon cutting as soon as we have the official installation date (waiting to hear from Dynamic Image). Will make a plaque for the wall, with credits, and doing a press release.
- Sol De Jalisco building mural: The Hammans have been hard at work on the mural over the past 2 weeks, and mural will be complete today (8/08). Ribbon cutting is scheduled for August 15th at 11:00am. Commercial Coatings has donated all the paint and supplies. Will make a plaque for the wall, with credits, and doing a press release. Need to look at paying the artist.
- Economic Revitalization: Still waiting on the MOU from the town regarding Economic Development, Market Leakage Analysis Consultation service is in the works.
- Promotions: Promotional video will have a MOU signed by town, Chamber, and Main Streets. Chamber was able to get a donor for a big chunk, so the town and MS will split the remainder, making it less then the previously agreed upon $1600 (believe the final number is $1250; it will come out of the Brewfest income). MOU is being reviewed by all parties, prior to signing.
- Organization: We have two board openings, and two individuals interested in the open positions: John Knaack, and Kate Clifford. We still need a Treasurer. Lin (who attended the las meeting) was not able to do our meeting schedule. John may be interested in treasurer position (with the help of his wife Linda who is an accountant). Lou resigned from the board in July (due to difficulty hearing) and Linda has agreed to take over for the rest of his term. We will need to do a vote for these 3 board members at the next board meeting.
- Director’s Report
- Concerts: August 18th from 5:30-9:00p wellingtonconcertseries.com . Anyone else able to volunteer?
- Brewfest income: $6532.47. This has been deposited in the account.
- DDA training August 16th at 10:30am in Fort Collins at the Elizabeth Hotel. There was a charge for attending, and we were able to get a group rate of $500 for 10 people. Let me know if you were not on the list to attend, and wish to attend. I can put you on the wait list in case someone cancels. We do have one opening.
- Paying the mural artist. Members of the design committee have discussed and feel it is appropriate to pay the mural artist Joe for all his hard work. We discussed $500-$1000 pay, so I would propose we pay him $750. This money would come out of the Brewfest income (which will still have a little over $5000 in it after the promotional video expense). We need to vote on this.
Next Meeting: September 12, 2018 at 7:00p at the Kinzli’s Real Estate office